In their 25th anniversary year TEXAS release their brand new studio album ‘The Conversation’ through [PIAS] on May 20th 2013. The album will be preceded by the single also called ‘The Conversation’ on May 13th.
Texas’s eighth album, The Conversation is their first in eight years and is the latest in a career that has seen the band sell over 30 million albums worldwide with a succession of multi-platinum albums ‘White on Blonde’, ‘The Hush’ and ‘Greatest Hits’. This overdue return in 2013 clearly redefines and confidently re-introduces the band afresh with tracks written and produced by singer/guitarist Sharleen Spiteri and bassist Johnny McElhone and featuring collaborations with singer-songwriter Richard Hawley and Bernard Butler.
‘The Conversation’ is an album splitting its seams with the joy of a long-proven pop force creating a collection of songs rich enough in melody and emotion to deserve filing beside the best of the band’s previous million-selling hits. The album was recorded in Glasgow, London and at Richard Hawley’s studio in Sheffield where the seven tracks he worked on went on to form the backbone of ‘The Conversation’: a perfect marriage of Hawley’s 50s rock’n’roll frills and the timeless Texas magnetism to cast-iron melodies.
Texas will launch the album with three live shows in Glasgow, London and Paris, full details tba.
- Stream Texas’ new single “The Conversation” now (hangout.altsounds.com)
- Texas announce new album The Conversation (hangout.altsounds.com)
- Texas in ‘The Conversation’ (shinesquad.me)
- Sharleen Spiteri: It’s great to be back made all the better that Ally is with us (thescottishsun.co.uk)
- Sharleen Spiteri says music business is still a man’s world as she prepares to launch first Texas album in eight years (dailyrecord.co.uk)