We just woke up to sad sad news. After finishing the tour, which we got tickets for but opted to go to Koh Samui, Thailand instead, the girls called it quits after a decade of being together. Yes, no more Girls Aloud.
“Dear Alouders, we just want to say from the bottom of our hearts Thank you!!” it read.
“This tour has been an amazing experience and the perfect chance to say thank you for being on this journey with us through a decade. It has far exceeded any of our dreams and we hope we are forever your inspiration and reminder that dreams really do glitter!!
“Your love and support will stay with us forever but we have now come to the end of our incredible time together. Love you lots”
So so so so sad. We regret not going to the tour! 😦
- Girls Aloud ‘announce split’ through Twitter (itv.com)
- Report: Girls Aloud confirm they have split up (itv.com)
- Cheryl Cole: Girls Aloud Split For Good (justjared.com)
- Girls Aloud split (contactmusic.com)
- Girls Aloud Announce They Have Split Up!! (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
- Girls Aloud confirm split: ‘Love and support will stay with us forever’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Girls Aloud spark break-up speculation ahead of final tour date (digitalspy.co.uk)
- “We have come to the end of our incredible time together”: Girls Aloud announce they’ve split (mirror.co.uk)
- Girls Aloud confirm split after final reunion gig (dailymail.co.uk)